Leslie Jones Brags on TV About Getting Twitter Users Like Milo Yiannopoulos Banned

  1. Home
  2. Entertainment
By Heat Street Staff | 1:04 pm, July 22, 2016
Read More

TV and movie star Leslie Jones went on “Late Night with Seth Meyers” last night and bragged about getting Twitter users — including alt-right firebrand Milo Yiannopoulos — banned from social network after a private meeting with CEO Jack Dorsey.

Jones, a “Saturday Night Live” cast member who stars in the new all-female Ghostbusters, was the target of Twitter trolls earlier this week. Milo Yiannopoulos found that he was suspended from Twitter on Monday night — permanently.

Jones told Seth Meyers on his show Thursday evening about meeting with Twitter’s CEO and getting a large number of user accounts banned.

“They helped me out. We got a whole bunch of accounts taken off on Twitter,” the 48-year-old comic told Meyers.

“What’s scary about the whole thing is that the insults didn’t hurt me. Unfortunately I’m used to the insults. That’s unfortunate,” she said. “But what scared me was the injustice of a gang of people jumping against you for such a sick cause.”

“If I hadn’t said anything… all those people still would have an account,” she said.

Twitter wasn’t the only network that helped her out, she said. “When I approached Facebook, they was on it.”

Jones also went so far as to compare her Twitter harassment to a mass shooting: “Twitter, I was on them… It’s like, that’s my favorite restaurant, I love the food in there. Three people just got shot in front of me. Y’all need to get some security!”

Most surprising, however, was her declaration that the trolls attacking her have no right to free speech.

“Hey, hate speech and freedom of speech, two different things,” Jones told Meyers.

Jones also told Meyers she hasn’t left the service. She still intends to tweet, mostly about “Game of Thrones.”

Advertisement